Mac OS X; SoftwareUpdaterLauncher; hangs
- Unplug all external peripherals including secondary monitors
- At this point the SoftwareUpdaterLauncher should allow the Apple Menu to work.
- Select the Apple Menu Logout button.
- Count to five.
- Click your heels together and repeat: "I want to go back to
- Take a deep breath and press the Return/Enter key.
- After a second or so you will see life again: a prompt on whether to Restart or to install and Restart. Since you're here for that update, you might as well choose Install and reboot.
- Watch it install, and restart.
- There is no next step. You are done. If not, try the Apple support forums.
"When you're young, five years drags. An eternity. When you're older, five years rushes past, dragging you kicking and screaming toward eternity." -- Glynnis Campbell in "Retrospect", in Best of Star Trek graphic novel.
So another year has come and gone, and precious few blog entries have come or gone here. I'm still developing mobile software (Android) for University Health Network. Still teaching for Learning Tree. I'm finalizing the Third Edition of my Java Cookbook. And I'm doing some writing for InfoQ. And of course still making photographs.
May 31-June 2, 2013 - 2 hours from Toronto
Photo events include an amazingly-priced full day with David Hemmings focussing (literally) on birds in flight, advanced wildlife photography, wildflower photography, my own Introduction to Wildlife Photography, and even a photo contest! Here's a link to all the photography sessions.
Registration is now open, so please sign up - it starts at the end of this month. Hope to see you there!